Thursday, May 19, 2005

Toby & the red hat

What, no picture?! Surprise, the second method of posting pics to this blog has now failed as well.

Well, if you go to AF.mil/photos, you can find a picture of Toby Keith wearing a RED HORSE hat. According to the story I heard 10th hand, one of our guys waltzed past the security line and stood waiting to present the hat to Keith. When asked what he was doing, our guy said, "we were told to wait here to give this hat to Mr. Keith."

Whoever questioned our guy said, "oh, he's busy with (the general audience) right now, but if you wait back here, I'll send him over when they're done."

So they apparently got to actually give him the hat in a small group. It's pretty cool that he wore it since we're not allowed to. Not only that, but he's surrounded by Army folk wearing an Air Force unit hat. We probably don't even represent 1% of the military population on the ground here and he's wearing our hat!

Too bad I couldn't post the picture here on my 'blog. I'll keep working on it though.

Later,
Luth

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, no picture man. But try again.

I'm staring at a group of about twenty 15 year olds taking a quiz on the Vietnam war. I wondered if you might have thought of any parallels?

Jag

Anonymous said...

Hee hee...way to represent. Wonder if the army guys figured out he was wearing your hat?

Anonymous said...

Hey jag, send me another email. I must have something wrong in the address I have saved for you. Or are you simply not replying? I guess I wouldn't blame you. I've really turned into an ass since I came to this place!