Saturday, July 23, 2005

The New Guy


The New Guy Posted by Picasa
Yeah... uh, but she's not a guy. She's Kelly, the smiling maintenance analyst/ULLS-G clerk/a whole bunch of other stuff she doesn't know about yet. She's going to love her vacation here in [unspecified location]. For those just joining us and without a program, that's Laurie on the left, then Kelly, then me.

Email from the guys who left ahead of us tells us not to be in any hurry. It's hotter there and living conditions are far more austere. Nice. Nothing says thanks for your service in a war zone like being stuck in a tent in the desert for outprocessing. I guess that couldn't be done here or in a hotel or military building maybe somewhere in Europe or the UAE or at least someplace with a bar for the love of Bob.

I don't care though... it's my last stop before I go home so I'd still rather be there than here right now and I should be getting my wish very soon. Hey, remind me to tell you all about the efforts being taken by the new group to avoid pregnancies during the deployment! They sure have some different ideas about how that works than I do!

Type at ya later,
Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe journey guys!!! See you back in Ohio soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Are you serious? You mean you snuck out of here without telling me EVERYTHING I was getting into? LOL...only kidding, of course. I knew there would be more and it's already started. Thanks for the help and you guys are wonderful! ;)