Monday, July 25, 2005

Ladies and Gentlemen, Elvis has left [unspecified country]

That's right kids, after a late, but uneventful Chinook ride north, and then a really late, but uneventful C130 ride south, I now find myself in the relative safety and relative comfort of [another unspecified country] (not Iraq). The only travelling I have left to do, will very likely be my last travelling out of this part of the world... forever.

Other than the fact that there is absolutely nothing to do here and I have almost a week to do it, life is good. What's really important, is that it's getting better. So why, you ask, would we be sent here if there's nothing for us to do? Good question. I don't care, I'm on my way home. If you come up with possible answer, post it as a comment. Yes, you may remain anonymous.

Type at ya later,
Luth

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this is time you have never had but always wished you did to write your book.

Bill said...

Are you sure you didn't get detention? you know, for talking...that sort of thing? Do you recall brass saying "that's it young man, you're staying after that war for one week!"

Anonymous said...

I am with you...I don't care why I am just pretty exited you are on your way home. We have been saving a camp fire evening just for you and I am afraid the marshmellows for the smores may be getting stale. Jake will make sure to keep the beer cold!~

One day closer, Heather

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted on your activities. Over time many of us came to look at your post each week while we were also looking for e-mail from our family members. Somehow I don't think I will check in as often if you start a new blog on your daily activities teaching!

P.S. - Delbert McClinton has a new CD coming out on August 23rd titled "Cost of Living"

Have a safe home....

Luth said...

Luth said...
Thanks to all of you for pretending to be interested in this so that I can keep up the illusion of my ego. It's been critical to what's left of my sanity.
To Beer Stud Too - thanks for the awesome supply of music. I won't blame you for not wanting to read stories about my teaching exploits. Things at school (where I deal primarily with hormonal teenagers) are much less chaotic and much better managed... definitely NOT as entertaining as what I got to witness here.
See ya.
Luth