Saturday, June 25, 2005

Just some stuff, briefly

I've added a couple of links that I stumbled upon while looking for something else... 'blogs are a great place to keep that kind of stuff that you would otherwise lose.

The Bill Moyers piece is a justification for Public Broadcasting in an age when most broadcasters have to reinvent themselves to keep up. I added it here because, while describing the value of public TV and Radio, he inadvertently but eloquently reminds us of what our constitution is all about, as well as providing anecdotal evidence that mainstream American looks to PBS and NPR for fair and balanced reporting, contrary to what conservative America would have us all think - and what they've conned mainstream, commercial media into backing them on.

The Peter Lee piece is a bit harsh - he's out there - but interesting nonetheless, if only because, in spite of his use of the same vagaries employed by the White House, he brings up real questions. Note that he is adamant about "blame" being as useless as being able say "I told ya so." But just watch how many people comment about his calls for accountability. Although, I suspect, many who would comment to me personally, have long since stopped reading this site. It's not that I'll miss them, but I will miss their input... their half of the conversation we all so desperately need to continue in order to work our way out of the mess we allowed ourselves to create in the last three or four elections.

Type at ya later.

Luth

P.S. Thanks to all of my students who had kind words to add to the Kyle post. It's very cool to hear from you. If any of you are thinking about yearbook staff next year, send me your email addresses!

No comments: