Monday, March 14, 2005

Day Off

Hey kids,
Just a quick one to tell you about my day off. I got up at 7, seriously took my time showering and went to breakfast. It's weird getting to the chow hall that late and finding it nearly empty. Todd and I seriously took our time eating breakfast. It was lovely except that this sore throat is really kicking in.

When I got back, I picked up War and Peace and put another good dent in it. But it was too much to read, in bed, on my day off, so to keep my eyes open, I switched gears a little and watched Road Trip on the old iBook while putting away my clean laundry. By the time it was over, I was ready to jump back into War and Peace and finally made it to the epilogue. I wouldn't continue reading if I didn't enjoy it, but man, that's a long freakin' book and I'm neither a history buff nor a war story buff. I am excited about moving into something a little lighter more than I am about finally finishing it. And while I'm being the critic, I have to admit, Road Trip was more entertaining than I thought it would be. There are two critiques you won't often find on the same page.

If I don't move on now, I'll miss dinner, so that's it for tonight. Type at ya later.
Luth

No comments: